Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chocolate Swirl Banana Bars (or cake)

I've had this recipe for many years.  I believe it was from a Taste of Home magazine.  My kids LOVE this recipe.  I've been buying extra bananas just so I can have some extra, ripe ones to make this for them.

 photo 017-1_zps9d898208.jpg


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking power
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cocoa

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.  Beat until thoroughly combined.  Blend in the bananas.  Combine dry ingredients (except the cocoa).  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Divide batter in 1/2.  Add cocoa to 1/2.  Spread Cocoa layer on the bottom of a well greased 9 x 13 pan then spread the banana layer on top.  Swirl with a knife.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bars test done.

(I prefer to make this in a Demarle silicone Bundt pan.  I place the plain layer on the bottom followed by the chocolate layer on top. I don’t swirl it. When it comes out of the pan the chocolate ends up on the bottom.)  Either way it will be delicious!


 photo 018_zpsc26d6fb3.jpg

I’m linking up with Try a New Recipe Tuesday. If you like to try new recipes you might want to check it out and find something new to try or share one of your own!

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I have some ripe bananas that are just calling my name. I think I will make this tomorrow! :-) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...