Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge

Well, I haven't posted one of these in a while....because there really was nothing to say.  For the past couple of weeks we started up with Five in a Row again and doing unit studies....so I am reading to the younger kids.


This week we are doing Rechenka's Eggs by Patricia Polacco with a unit study guide from Homeschool Share.  I love Homeschool Share.  If you are looking for something fun to do with your elementary kids check them out.  Everything is FREE!

Besides Rechenka's Eggs we've read, Count Your Way Through Russia, Chicken Sunday (another Patricia Polacco book and a book about Russia.  I have some other books out of the library about chickens and eggs that we will be reading this week too. (I just picked them up at the library tonight.)

Tonight I started reading Grammar Land by M. L. Nesbitt.  This is free on Google and so far I like it.  (Also using these free worksheets to go along)

I also read some picture books to my youngest children this morning, Goodnight Gorilla, Hippos Go Berserk, and Goodnight Moon.

I wish I had more hours in my day to read to the kids.  I am happy that we are at least reading something though.  Sorry there are no pictures....too tired to take any pictures or clip any from the internet!


Want some reading inspiration?  Visit Footprints in the Butter for this week's challenge to see what others are reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...