Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Low-Carb Red "Potato" Salad

Did you know that you can cook radishes?  Many years ago I once tried a recipe for sauteed radishes that were pretty good, but I kind of forgot about them.  Since starting Trim Healthy Mama I have been looking for low-carb dishes.  Someone on the THM Facebook mentioned using radishes in place of potatoes in recipes...specifically adding them to crockpot recipes like a roast.  I tried this on Sunday but I didn't put the radishes in soon enough and they were still hard, but definitely had potential.


 photo 004-1_zpsf9d12bec.jpg


So, I was thinking of making a mock potato salad for Easter.  Yesterday I followed this recipe for boiled radishes and made my the salad the way I normally would.  It's pretty good though I wish I had cooked the radishes a bit longer.  If you are craving potato salad, but you don't want to eat potatoes, I highly suggest you give this a try.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...