Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Avocado BLT Salad (vegetarian)

The other night I was watching Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue on Netflix.  Rip Esselstyn prepared a kale salad that I thought was interesting so I had to try it.  From that salad and a recipe for a Vegetarian BLT salad on the Weight Watchers website I created this cross between the two. (I did try the kale salad last night and thought that was good too.)



I started with a base of Romaine and mixed spring greens.  Then I cut up 1/4 of an avocado and used my hands to squish it all into the lettuce so that the leaves are all covered (no need for dressing now!).  I added tomatoes, sliced scallions a squeeze of fresh lemon, salt and pepper and 2 strips of Morningstar Farms veggie bacon.  This is 3 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers.  It was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...