Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stick With It Saturday



It's Saturday and time for a Stick with it Saturday post. I lost another 1.2 this week!  I have almost reached 2 WW milestones and will likely get 2 stickers at my next meeting (2 weeks from now since I go on Wednesdays and this week is the 4th of July.)  I am all about the little rewards.

Oh and I went down another pants size too!

Sunday- 6 miles on my pedometer including a C25K run

Monday- 4.57 miles on my pedometer. I was having some sciataca pain and needed to take it easy for a few days.

Tuesday-3.75 miles on my pedometer. Still having some sciataca pain and needed to take it easy for a few days.  I was worried about losing all I had built up to in running and wondered if I would  be able to run again.

Wednesday-4.11 miles including the first day of the Jeff Galloway 5K program.  (more on that in a minute)

Thursday-4.4 miles on my pedometer

Friday-  Did a Jeff Galloway 5K training program.  I ran/walked 2.5 miles then I walked home 2.5 miles.  I also swam for 20 minutes and ended the day with over 15,000 steps (over 6 miles) on my pedometer.

Saturday- I have no formal plans for exercise today.

So, I have been spending some time reading about running.  I came across the Jeff Galloway method for running and was very intrigued.  I ordered one of his books from the library and after reading half of the book I got the 5K app for my iPod Touch.  I have had a bit of trouble familiarizing myself with it and yesterday when I ran I ended up doing something to it and had to do part of one day and then start another day.  I also downloaded the music that comes with the app but I hate it.  I think I figured out how to get it to just play my music now.

One of the really cool features of this app is that it takes your music and syncs it to the beat you should be running to.  I love that!  I also like how it tells you how many minutes have passed at each minute.  I ran less total time today but I'm sure I covered more ground because I took walking breaks.  It was wonderful.  I am very excited about the possibilities with this method of running.  My last C25K run had me running 10 minutes with a 5 minute walking break and then another 10 minute run.  It was ROUGH.  But today I went further and didn't feel half as exhausted. I honestly cannot wait until my next run.  Who'da thought??






Link up your own diet/exercise post over at Sam's Noggin.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I really like the extras that are in that app-perhaps when it cools down I will give it a whirl! Thanks for all of the info!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...