Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stick with it Saturday


It's Saturday and time for a Stick with it Saturday post.

Sunday- Today was not supposed to be a running day but I decided I wanted to try running Couch to 5K-day 1 to see how far I've come.  It was amazing to me how much easier it was to run for just 1 minute.  I ran harder than I usually do and by the end my right knee hurt....but by Monday it was OK.  I ended up with almost 7 miles (including my run) on my pedometer.

Monday- Couch to 5 K Week 5 Day 1  I was really nervous about this run.  It increased to running 5 minutes with a walking break, run 6 minutes (walk break) and another 5 minute run.  I have to say, it was NOT easy.  I had to keep fighting the negative voice in my head saying that I couldn't do it.  I did it.  I always feel better when I'm done.

Tuesday-Just a light day.  I only had 2.59 miles on my pedometer and I didn't do any other exercise

Wednesday-C25K today.  It was more running but went better than on Monday.  I ended up walking a couple of miles immediately after my run.  It was so hot out.  I had 6.68 miles on my pedometer including my C25K workout

Thursday-Another hot day.  I walked 5.4 miles in the morning, then we went swimming and I put in three 20 minutes sessions of constant movement/swimming in the pool.  I ended up with 7.32 miles on my pedometer.

Friday-   It was the third day in a row here of temps in the 90s with high humidity. I slept late so by the time I got up it was too hot to run. I had some things to do in the morning then went to my in-law's pool. I spent 30 minutes in the pool. When we got home from swimming, I decided I would just do a Leslie Sansone walking DVD and stay inside (we have AC). I did the 5 minute warm up and a 15 minute mile then decided since I was already all sweaty I might as well go out and run. So I did....this included 2 sessions of running 8 minutes straight. Then, I came back in and did another mile on the DVD which included strength training with a stretchy band.

Saturday- I have no formal plans for exercise today.



As far as weight loss, I was down 1.2 lbs this week at my Wednesday weigh in.  So happy to see some weight loss as I was up a bit the week before.


Link up your own diet/exercise post over at Sam's Noggin.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Yay! That is a terrific week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...