Sunday, May 12, 2013

BLT Salad with Egg (revisited)

Last year I enjoyed eating a BLT salad that I came up with but since then I've changed the way I eat and follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan. Yesterday I came up with this revised version.  It is filling and delicious.

First I tear up some Artisan Lettuce and Romaine and wash it in my salad spinner.  The Artisan Lettuce is especially dirty since it is packed in the field...so yummy but make sure to wash it good. (I've seen this at Walmart and Aldi's) Then I slice up 1/4 of an avocado and dump it on the top.

 photo IMG_5069_zps25d741ab.jpg

Next, I dig my hands in and squish the avocado all over the lettuce leaves.


 photo IMG_5070_zpsfc0a0a88.jpg

Then I added some chopped up cucumber, tomato and sweet yellow pepper, 2 T. of 50% less fat peppered bacon bits, salt, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon.


 photo IMG_5071_zps3ee36677.jpg

Doesn't this look yummy??

 photo IMG_5072_zpse4448350.jpg

The final step is to fry up an egg or two (or an egg and some whites) in some nice butter (I used a tsp.) and put the eggs over the top.  Very filling...very yummy.  You could use more avocado or add some EVOO if you wanted this to be a heavier S.  You could also use chicken or salmon in this salad instead of eggs.  This is my new favorite lunch.


 photo bltsalad_zpsf33ebc89.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...