Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pizza Dip

This weekend we attended no less than 5 parties- 4 graduation parties and a birthday party (and one party was at our house.)  I made this delicious dip for 3 of the parties.  For those of you who are Trim Healthy Mamas this is an S dip.  You could serve with Joseph's crackers or vegetables.


 photo zpizzadip_zpsbf613887.jpg

You need :

8 oz package of cream cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan (I'm sure the kind in the shaker works as well)
opt. peppers, green onions, olives (for garnish)

Directions:

Mix softened cream cheese with Italian seasoning (I do this in my Kitchen aid and don't bother softening it first).  Spread in a dish (shown here in a foil pie plate-I also like to make it in my Pampered Chef mini-baker), spread 1/2 of the cheese over the top, then pour the sauce over and spread, top with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly (or microwave for 5 or so minutes).  You can garnish with finely diced peppers, green onions and/or olives.  

For guests I serve this with crunchy baguettes.  I cut sourdough bread (you could just use french bread) into thin slices and brush with olive oil, then cut into dipping sized pieces.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp at 350. (This can be done ahead.)


 photo zpizzadip_zps527fda67.jpg
Yum!
Linking up with Stacy Makes Cents/Gwen's Nest (where you can find more THM recipes) 



7 comments:

cindy said...

When I was living in Guatemala, we used to make a super-easy dip of cream cheese, refried beans, and salsa, and this so reminds me of that! I am definitely gonna try this one!

Karen said...

I hope you enjoy it Cindy!

Gwen said...

Oh, this looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Julieanne said...

I'm excited to add this to my arsenal of new recipes to use for THM! Thank you so much, Karen. Exciting!

Stacy said...

I can't get enough cheese on S days - this looks fabulous...and I think I'm coming over to your house to eat it. LOL
Thanks for linking up!!!

Stacy said...

Is this one serving size? Because I'm terrible at sharing. I say yes it is. Amen and amen.
Thanks for linking it up! :-)

Karen said...

Definitely not one serving. Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...