Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge


I can't say this has been a great reading week, but it was better than last week.  We read more of  Dear America: Survival in the Storm The Dust Bowl Diary of Grace Edwards but it has been misplaced so I haven't been able to continue with it.


 photo zdearamerica_zps3c91449d.jpg

Yesterday, I started reading Little Pilgrim's Progress by Helen L. Taylor which is an adaptation of the John Bunyan Classic.

I also read a small stack of picture books to the younger kids:

Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
Ask Mr. Bear by Marjorie Flack
Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field
The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
Angus Lost by Marjorie Flack
Play with Me by Marie Hall Ets
and my 3 year old's favorite right now:  Froggy Learns to Swim by Jonathan London

The rest of this week is extremely busy, but I'm hoping to fit some reading in to share next time!  Oh! and I want to highly recommend listening to Andrew Pudewa's Nurturing Competent Communicators for great motivation for reading aloud to your children.


Want some reading inspiration? Visit Footprints in the Butter for this week's challenge (not yet posted...will update when it is) to see what others are reading. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...