Saturday, August 18, 2012

Best Summer Ever!

I know I haven't been posting much lately and that is because we have been having a great summer doing lots of wonderful things.  I barely have time to write my curriculum reviews let alone share other things.  I am going to try to be better though.

At the beginning of the summer, I posted our summer bucket list and we've been crossing things off left and right.  I thought I'd share a few pictures of what we've been up to.

We saw a double rainbow:

double rainbow

We visited our oldest daughter in upstate NY on the 4th of July:

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to New York City twice.  The first time, Rob took the older kids and the second time he and I went alone.

Grand Central Station
Grand Central Station

One of the new towers in the background
Behind Rob is the site where the new towers are being built.
 It was a little emotional to be right there.

on the ferry
On the ferry from Liberty Island to Ellis Island.  It was a very hot day.
Photobucket
I am so thankful to have seen the Statue of Liberty in person.  It is massive.

On Ellis Island
Ellis Island
I was disappointed to see how small the New Year's ball that drops is.  You can barely see it in the photo.
Times Square

Rockefeller Center
Rockefeller Center
Photobucket
The m & m store

Central Park
Central Park


We visited our State House:

RI State House

Photobucket

Photobucket

Emma and Jenna in front of the Pass & Stow bell
Emma and Jenna in front of the Pass and Stow bell.
Rode elevators at the mall:

The real highlight of the day was riding the escalators at the Providence Place mall.

We visited The Mystic Seaport:

I'm thankful we don't have to wash our clothes this way.

Ryan trying to figure out how he is going to beat me at checkers.  (He did by the way and I don't let kids win.)

Photobucket


We went to the beach a few times (so far):

Photobucket

Photobucket
We went for a week long vacation in New Hampshire:

Photobucket

Ellie and Cinderella
Ellie and Cinderella

Photobucket
On the Snow Queen at Storyland

Emma and Connor

Storyland

Photobucket

Kaitlyn Gouvin tubing
swimming and tubing on the Saco


We went to Boston on the train and walked the Freedom Trail:

Quincy Market
Quincy Market

Photobucket

Boston Massacre site
site of the Boston Massacre

Paul Revere's house
Paul Revere's house
The Old North Church (one if by land, two if by sea)
The Old North Church

Make Way for Ducklings sculptures
Make Way for Ducklings sculpture in Boston Common



We took the kids to Watch Hill to ride the carousel and took a walk to the lighthouse:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Many of these places I had never been to before. It was my first time visiting our state house, New York city and on the Freedom Trail. It's been a full summer and we still have a few things up our sleeve before the summer is over!  We've also done a bunch of other fun stuff but I don't have all of the pictures to upload and I think this post is long enough anyway. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...