Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spice Rubbed-Vinegar Glazed Chicken

Last night I tried a new recipe from my new Weight Watchers cookbook, Turn up the Flavor.  (Do not pay for this on Amazon.  Go to a Weight Watchers location. I think it is $15 new.)

Don't let the fact that it is from a Weight Watchers cookbook scare you away.  It is delicious, real food.  This recipe is supposed to be cooked on the grill, but we had lousy weather so I just cooked it on the stove top in a non-stick pan (it was pretty messy in the pan so the grill would be better if you can manage it.)

Ingredients:
6 (5-oz)boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

The rub: (combine in small bowl)
2 tsp. smoked Paprika (I use Penzey's.  I LOVE this spice.)
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 T. brown sugar

The glaze:  (mix together in small bowl)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 T. brown sugar
2 T. cider vinegar


 photo 021_zps0a7c2831.jpg
I can't tell you how good this smells cooking.
Try it for yourself.
Rub spice mixture all over the chicken.  Grill or cook chicken over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side then brush with half of the glaze.  Cook 2 min. Turn and brush with remaining glaze.  Cook until done. (I use a thermometer for chicken.)

I served this with baked potato, brussel sprouts and roasted beets.

This is 5 Points Plus per serving if you are on Weight Watchers and has 203 calories.

The whole family enjoyed this one...at least the ones that like chicken. :)




Also linking up with The Gathering Spot,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...