Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge

In the fall, I linked up a few times with Debra at Footprints in the Butter for a weekly Read Aloud Challenge.  On the first of December I came down with a cough (viral) that turned into pneumonia and spent weeks coughing.  Needless to say I couldn't read anything to the kids.  I am better now so I am going to try to read aloud again and post what we are reading each week.

I need to choose a nice chapter book read aloud.  In the meantime, I've been reading picture books to my little ones when I can. One of their favorites is The Three Billy Goats Gruff.  A favorite version is by Paul Galdone.  The kids just love this story.  A couple of other favorites are Sheep in a Jeep and The Pig in the Pond.

 photo zgoats_zps228be142.jpg

What are you reading to your kids?  Link up @ Footprints in the Butter

1 comment:

Debra said...

I love the stuff by Paul Galdone!

Can't wait to see what you decide on for a chapter book...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...