Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Starting Over

It's been a long time since I've blogged.  (almost a year and a half!)  Over the past year I've gained weight and all my attempts to get back on track have failed. I don't know how much weight I have gained because 1) I don't really want to and 2) my scale is broken.  I haven't gained back all that I lost, but if I don't turn it around, I feel certain I will.

I have crocheted a LOT since I stopped blogging and obsessing about dieting. (See my work on instagram.) I hope that I am in a better place now and perhaps needed a time to step back and try again without making it the sole focus of my life. Because all of my attempts to just eat smaller portions have failed miserably, I know that I need some sort of tracking/accountability. When I was blogging about my journey, I seemed to do much better and so here I am.  It doesn't matter if anyone reads it.  I need this for me.

I realize that I became totally and completely obsessed with weight loss.  My whole life CANNOT be about weight loss. At the end of my life I am not going to say, "Wow! I'm so glad I spent the last 20 (random number) years obsessing about every bite of food I put in my mouth!"  It's not a good use of my time.  But, I am hoping I can find a balance and maybe writing about it will help.  At this point, I'm not weighing or measuring myself nor am I following any specific diet plan. I am just trying to find a healthy balance of all the things I have learned over the past (almost) 5 years.

I am starting a new weekly series that I am calling Trim Down Tuesday where I will share what I am eating (with links to recipes where possible) and how I am doing. I am excited to get back to blogging.


3 comments:

Stacy said...

So glad you're back! :-)

Unknown said...

Karen,
I understand your struggle and only feellike I have found a grasp on my eating and weight at the age of 61. I blogged about my journey here:
http://www.becomingmybestme.com/becoming-healthy-naturally/health-weight-and-self-image-what-a-mix/

For me, Trim Healthy Mama has been the answer I was looking for, to be healthy and thinner. I am still not at my goal but after 16 months on plan, I also do not have to put alot of energy into watching what I eat. I don't weigh or count calories or exercise much (trying to get there). I just have found what lower,
healthy carb, whole foods work for me and shop and cook accordingly.

To be healthy and to NOT gain the weight back as I did 3 times before is what keeps me on track. I hope you find what helps you fell good and be your best. Blessings! Another Karen (LOL)

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

Welcome back. I never took your blog off of my blog roll because I kept thinking that you may come back again! I too have struggled and struggled with my weight, bouncing around through weight loss programs and back again. I will try to participate in your Trim Down Tuesday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...