Friday, March 18, 2011

Expedition Canada

We just finished our "tour" of Canada using Download N Go's Expedition Canada.  I cannot express how much we have enjoyed every unit in the Expedition series so far.  This one is jam PACKED with so much you could easily spread it out over much longer than the 1 week that it is designed for.  There is geography, animals, history, inventions and more!




I waited until this time of the year to do Canada so we could visit a local sugar house at the same time.  We went to the sugar house last week and we'll probably go again now that we've studied a little more about it.  I kind of wish we still had snow on the ground so we could have made some yummy maple candy....

Every Download N Go unit has 5 days of topics.  In Expedition Canada you will find:

Day 1: Where on Earth Is Canada?
Day 2: Some of the Special Places of Canada
Day 3: A Bit of History
Day 4: Special Things to Know About Canada
Day 5: Fun and Games in Canada


You can view sample pages in the Download N Go store.




Though I didn't take any pictures for Expedition Canada and the review team is not officially reviewing this unit I wanted to include my thoughts about it because we enjoyed it so much.  We have only 2 of the 7 countries left to explore in the Download N Go Expedition series.  Next week we will explore Israel and we have Expedition Africa to discover in the near future.  The Expedition units are among my favorites of all of the Download N Go units we have done.

Today is $5 Friday at Amanda Bennett Unit Studies.  You can purchase Download N Go Spring Surprises or   Tremendous Trees for just $5 or try one of Amanda's month long unit studies.  Gardens and Oceans are also on sale for just $5.  We have used almost all of the traditional unit studies in our homeschool over the years and they are wonderful as well. My 8th grader has been using them all year long and enjoying each one. This is a great way to get a taste for unit studies at a low price!

Please consider following my blog.  I would love to have you!

**Though I did not receive this unit free in exchange for this review. I was given a copy of this unit in exchange for a preview review I wrote before receiving a final copy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...