Thursday, April 11, 2013

Trim Healthy Mama-Week 8

This is my 8th week of Trim Healthy Mama. As you will see if you read this post, I have made some decisions regarding following this plan.

 photo ztrimhealthymama_zps5b98cc6a.jpg

Friday
No workout


Breakfast-(FP) French Toast Wonder Wraps
Lunch- (FP) Savory Muffin in a Bowl with Laughing Cow Cheese and a Bowl of Vegetable Soup
Supper-(S) Salmon over a huge tossed salad
Snack-(FP) Muffin in a Bowl with peanut flour flavored yogurt

This felt like a "good" food day.  I wasn't snacking or eating more than I should.  I felt like it was all pretty healthy too.  I do find that even though I don't eat sugar most of the time I am still eating sweet things.  Today had less of that I think.

Saturday-
No workout

Breakfast- (E) Sprouted French Toast with a small side dish of Greek 0% yogurt and blueberries
Snack-(FP) Fat Stripping Frappa (about 3/4 of it)
Lunch-(S) Chicken Caesar Salad
Supper- (S) Bacon Cheeseburger (no roll) and Tossed Salad with Bleu Cheese dressing
Snack- (FP) a little pudding

This was not what I intended for today, but ended up being out for both lunch and supper.  Supper was at Panera Bread.  I ordered from the Low Carb menu.  I chose a tossed salad as my side and it came with croutons??  I didn't eat them, but I thought that was weird...and the burger came with sweet pickles which I didn't know until I had one in my mouth...so I gave the others to my husband.

Sunday-
No workout

Breakfast-(FP) French Toast Wonder Wraps with Greek 0% yogurt and Gwen's berry syrup
Lunch- (FP) Muffin in a Bowl (savory) with Light Laughing Cow Cheese and Vegetable Soup with some Choco-orange pudding for dessert
Snack-(FP) Greek pudding (yogurt with peanut flour, cocoa and whey protein)
Supper-(FP) Tossed Salad with homemade fat free ranch and Salmon
Snack-(FP) Nighty Night Custard with Berry syrup

This was a pretty low calorie day but I wasn't overly hungry.  I didn't like the salad dressing that I made at all which was a bummer since it was a big salad and I wasn't about to waste it.

After 7 1/2 weeks on THM I am finding that it just is not working for me.  I am seriously considering going back to counting WW points and/or calories.  I'll see how I feel in the morning about this....  It's not that I don't love THM. I do, but I am not losing weight and I just need to see some results.  I haven't lost any weight in 2013 at all.  I am going crazy!

Monday-

When I woke up this morning I was still in a quandary about what I wanted to do. I literally stood in the kitchen unable to decide what to eat.  I finally decided that I would start counting WW points while still eating the THM way to see what happens.  I have to figure out a way to eat healthy and get the scale moving back down!

Breakfast- (S) 1 whole egg with 3 whites, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp. nutritional yeast with a side of zucchini sauteed in 1/2 tsp. coconut oil  (4 Points Plus)
Lunch- (S) Large tossed salad with 1 T. light mayo, 2 T. balsamic vinegar, 2 T. parmesan cheese and salmon  (4 Points Plus)
Supper- (FP) Vegetable Soup and Greek "Pudding" (Greek 0% yogurt and whey protein powder) with 4 fresh strawberries (5 Points Plus)
Snack-(S) Kale Chips (2 Points Plus) and a Cake in a Mug (6 Points Plus)

I still have 5 points left to eat but I feel like that would be too much food for tonight.  Tomorrow I will try to eat more at each meal.  I would have had a snack this afternoon, but I had a dr. appointment and ended up taking my daughter to work and did some quick grocery shopping while I was out (so I wasn't home for that.

As of now (only the first day) I am feeling very good about my decision to combine what I've learned from THM with Weight Watchers.  

I am hoping to get back to running or at least exercising tomorrow.  I went to my chiropractor today and my back should be in better shape now.  It had been bothering me quite a bit.

Weight Watchers recommends 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2 tsp. healthy oils (they allow canola-ick and olive oil- I am allowing coconut and EVOO), 6 glasses of liquid, and 2 servings of non-fat or low fat dairy. They also recommend taking a multi-vitamin. I have met all of the healthy guidelines for today.  I think I might come up with my own list.

Tuesday-
workout- sprint intervals and walking

Breakfast-(S)  1 whole egg with 3 whites, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp. nutritional yeast with a side of zucchini and mushrooms sauteed in 1/2 tsp. coconut oil and some diced tomato (4 Points Plus)
Lunch-(E) Sweet Potato with 1 tsp. EVCO, Salmon, cukes, tomato and peppers, apple with pb2 (technically not a THM food but I have a lot of it) (6 Points Plus)
Snack- (FP) Fat Stripping Frappa (3 Points Plus)
Supper- Large Tossed Salad with 2 tsp. EVOO, balsamic vinegar, string cheese and 4 oz chicken (7 Points Plus)
Snack-(FP) Muffin in a Mug, 1/2 cup Greek 0% yogurt and Gwen's Berry syrup (4 Points Plus) since I had 2 points left and a new shipment of oat fiber I decided to make a plain muffin in a mug with all oat fiber and had it with 3 strawberries, a swirl of stevia sweetened maple syrup and FF Reddi Whip (1 Point Plus)

I have 1 point left today but I've eaten plenty I think.

Very,very happy that I am counting points again. I can't explain why this would make me so happy....but, it does.  

I met my WW healthy guidelines for the day today.



Wednesday-
No official workout but I did 20 push-ups, 10 squats and 20 sit ups.

Breakfast- (FP) Greek 0% Yogurt, Whey Protein and Blueberries (5 Points Plus)
Lunch-(S) Tossed Salad, Salmon, EVOO, balsamic with FP Muffin in a Bowl Bread and Light Laughing Cow Cheese (7 Points Plus)
Supper-(FP) Konjac noodles, cabbage, egg whites, chicken, sesame oil/coconut oil, peanut flour (5 Points Plus)
Snack- (FP) Joseph's Crackers with 1 Laughing Cow Cheese (4 Points Plus)
Strawberry Shortcake (Strawberries sweetened with Truvia over an oat fiber "muffin" with fat free Reddi Whip) (1 Point Plus)

Once again I am have points left over.  I think it's because I had a huge supper, but it wasn't a lot of points.  I should have put more oil in it.  The shortcake I had tonight was SO good.

I ended up having a Cottage Berry Whip for 2 Points Plus and still went to bed with 2 points leftover.

I met my healthy guidelines for WW today.


Thursday-
No workout

Breakfast- (S)  1 whole egg with 3 whites, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp. nutritional yeast with a side of zucchini and mushrooms sauteed in 1/2 tsp. coconut oil and some diced tomato (4 Points Plus)
Lunch-(S) Tossed Salad, Salmon, 1 T. EVOO, 1 T. balsamic (5 Points Plus)
Supper- (A planned crossover) Slice of Pizza and a Caesar salad(fork dipped the dressing) with some croutons. (12 Points Plus) This is the first time I've had pizza in 2 months...so good.
Snack- FP Strawberry Shortcake (1 Points Plus) This is my new favorite thing to eat.
Greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries (3 Points Plus)

I met my healthy guidelines for WW today.  Still going to bed with 1 Point left.

My goal for this next week is to continue doing what I am doing now, but try to be done eating before 9 pm and to eat more points earlier in the day.  I also hope to start getting into a regular exercise routine again.








3 comments:

Christine said...

It's Christine from the THM fb group. I'm following your progress from here and am excited to learn. DH has asked that we go back to WW, but is totally willing to eat the THM way. I think we both like to have a real DP a couple times a month. :) I didn't know such was possible, but I'm learning a lot through your keeping track of everything. Do you still fix food for your large family? We have 8 children and DH works from home. I need to be able to feed 10 people 3 times a day plus a snack or two. The twins don't eat "real" food yet.

Christine said...

It's Christine from the THM fb group. I'm following your progress from here and am excited to learn. DH has asked that we go back to WW, but is totally willing to eat the THM way. I think we both like to have a real DP a couple times a month. :) I didn't know such was possible, but I'm learning a lot through your keeping track of everything. Do you still fix food for your large family? We have 8 children and DH works from home. I need to be able to feed 10 people 3 times a day plus a snack or two. The twins don't eat "real" food yet.

Unknown said...

I am a lifetime member of ww and i am trying to combine ww with thm. Did you lose when combining them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...