Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

I really enjoyed this last week.  I hope to do this regularly!





In my life this week…

This week really flew by.  It's all a blur.  I have hardly exercised at all because I'm still having some neck/back pain.  I really, really want to get back to running.  Hopefully, I'll be able to this week.


In our homeschool this week…

We started using a new reading curriculum for a review.  It's IEW's Primary Arts of Language and I ADORE it.  I can't wait to share about it in a few weeks.  We've only been using it for a week so maybe my excitement is a little premature but I do NOT think so!

We also wrapped up our volcano study.  I really like adding unit studies into our current science curriculum.  (We used Volatile Volcanoes.)


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

If you have young children, buy a laminator.  I love my laminator.  I wish I had one earlier on in my homeschool.  It's been getting a lot of use between things I've seen on Pinterest and the file folder games I put together with Primary Arts of Language.  There are so many fun things you can make and laminate.

Once you have a laminator, you can buy some Vis-a-Vis wet erase markers and let your kids write on the laminated pages.  You can just rinse them off in the sink.  (I hate scrubbing off dry erase markers.) You can do so much with these.


Photobucket

I’m praying for…

One of my daughters going through a difficult time, the upcoming election, friends with medical issues and healing for my neck/back.



Unfortunately, I waited too long to link this up this week....hopefully I'll do better for this week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...