Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stick with it Saturday



Well, Stick with it Saturday is here again. This was a rough week.  I needed to get my final runs in before running my first 5K (today).  I ended up doing something to my neck while running on Wednesday and have had pain in my neck, shoulder and down to my shoulder blade.  I wasn't sure I'd even be able to go.  I finally decided that I'd go even if all I could do was walk.  I was SO disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to run.  I woke up this morning with my neck really hurting a lot and almost decided not to go.  I took a hot shower, took some ibuprofen and put a heating pack on.  It helped a lot.

my shirt
picking up my t-shirt at registration

I did it!
I did it!
I ended up going and running at a 30 second ratio.  I had a problem with my 5K app at the beginning of the run and spent some time fiddling with that so I lost some time there...also had to stop to tie my shoe (I even double knotted them).  My goal was to finish in under 40 minutes.  I didn't make it.  I finished in 41:28.   But, I did it!  I'm not really in a hurry to sign up for another one, but I think I will run more races in the future.  I came in 23rd for women (not sure out of how many, but I think there may have only been one other woman runner that came in after me..the others were all walkers.)  Hey, somebody has to be last.  Once my neck feels better I plan to get back to my 10K app.


The kids had fun waiting..there was a bouncy house, face painting and a firetruck to climb into.  They also were holding a blood drive.

Photobucket
Connor


Photobucket
Ellie driving the firetruck

Ellie and Sadie
Sadie and Ellie

I was down .4 at Weight Watchers this week.  I still wish the weight would come off a little faster but every week I'm down a little so I guess I can't complain.

Goal for the week: stick to the plan!




Link up your own diet/exercise post over at Sam's Noggin.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Go you!! It looks like the kids had fun as well, and as far as the weight goes, every lit bit adds up in the end!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...