Friday, August 27, 2010

The Sun Shines Again!

After 4 days of rain (which we desperately needed and I rather enjoyed) the sun came out again.  Rebecca's (our oldest daughter) friend Joy was visiting with us on her trip from Maine to Texas.  We thought it would be nice to take her to the beach and out for some clam fritters.  We went to a beach that we'd only been to once before and it was a long time ago.  It's a nice little beach and we enjoyed it very much.  We found more shells at this beach than we've found on our many trips to other beaches this summer.

Today is a perfect fall like day but hot, humid weather is on the way again.  I love the crisp, cool days but I'm not ready to give up our evenings on the beach so I guess we'll enjoy the warm days while they last.

Enjoying clamcakes, french fries and onion rings at a small park near the ocean
Rebecca and Joy



The view from where we were eating
swimming (it's the end of thesummer and I think the water is still freezing!)
Looking for shells
Trying to catch a crab they saw
a live mussel with barnacles (I threw it back.)
I love that this beach is by the breachway and is a busy area...lots of boats to see.
Connor building a sandcastle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...