Monday, August 16, 2010

Breakfast Ideas

Ever since I was little I didn't like cottage cheese.  I hadn't even tasted it in years.  Last week I was making a crustless quiche with cottage cheese in it and decided I should give it a try again.  I was surprised to find that I do like it!  This morning I remembered that I had seen a recipe for a breakfast of cottage cheese and flax seed but of course did not remember where.  So, I googled it and found a recipe for Cottage Cheese Power Breakfast with Flaxseed.  It is a fairly easy breakfast that isn't loaded with sugar and should be filling enough to get me through the morning.  I think I might try substituting Barlean's strawberry Omega swirl flaxseed oil in place of the blueberries and ground flaxseeds next time.

I am always looking for good breakfast ideas.  A bowl of cereal just doesn't cut it.  What are your favorite breakfast ideas?

Update:  I tried the cottage cheese and Barlean's but it wasn't good at all.

2 comments:

Kahri said...

I'm still on a green smoothie kick! I also like eggs...migas, omelets, frittatas, scrambled, hard or soft boiled. If I can find some gluten-free oats, I plan on having oatmeal. I love grits (used to like cream of wheat, too), especially with butter and cheese on top.

Karen said...

Kahri, what is/are migas? I've seen gluten free oats here so hopefully you can find some though I've read there is some controversy over whether or not people with celiac can eat oats. Have you ever tried millet? You might like cream of millet since you like hot cereal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...