Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Italian Cream Cake

Today I have a wonderful cake recipe to share from two ladies on the THM facebook group.  Missy G came up with the idea and Susan H. ran with it and came up with this tweaked version.  Both ladies kindly allowed me to post it here on the blog.  This is an S dessert (or breakfast) for you Trim Healthy Mamas.

 photo ItalianCreamCake_zpsfa8037f9.jpg


Italian Cream Cake

1 egg
1 1/2 T. golden flax meal
1 1/2 T. almond meal
1 T. Truvia
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 T. coconut oil
1 heaping T. unsweetened coconut flakes
1 T. chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients in microwave bowl (or oven-proof dish if baking).  Microwave on high for 1 minute or until done to your liking OR bake in 350 oven for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done.

Frost with cream cheese icing sweetened with Truvia (or xylitol) and vanilla.
(For cream cheese you could use: regular, 1/3 less fat, Greek yogurt cream cheese or even Light Laughing Cow Swiss)

Top with additional unsweetened coconut and chopped pecans.

Enjoy!!

Linking up with Trim Healthy Tuesdays at Stacy Makes Cents where she is sharing a recipe for Pumpkin Pie!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so glad you uploaded this. :-) Now I can link you! Hooray!

Kevin said...

I made this today in my waffle iron. I did not have pecans and so put 2T coconut shavings. I ate it plain as an on the go breakfast. It was delicious. I will definitely be making it again.

julia said...

just made this, really good, cooked in oven much better texture

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...