Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Taking Inventory

As part of my Goal Planning for this week I listed clean out the freezer, take inventory and make a list of meals (to make with what I have on hand).  I originally only planned to do the freezers but I ended up taking an inventory of almost everything I have in the house.  It's pretty overwhelming actually.  I was going to post the list of what I have and what I am going to make but it was just too long. So, I think I'll share my list of upcoming meals.  I do have a short grocery list of items that I'll need to complete a few of these meals.  (It's kind of embarrassing to admit how much I have on hand but I'm very thankful that the Lord has blessed us so abundantly.)

Grilled London Broil, Tangy Green Bean casserole or maybe this
Grilled Chicken, Grilled Asparagus, Pasta salad
Very Veggie Lasagna
Homemade pizza
Spicy Noodle Edamame Salad
Corn Chowder
BBQ Hash
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Chicken Tetrazzini
Country Chicken Pot Pie (probably served over toast rather than in a pie crust)
Stir Fry Beef and Broccoli with Rice
Hamburgers and Chips
BBQ Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
French Toast and bacon
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Hotdogs
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Zucchini Garden Chowder

Red, White and Blueberry Muffins
PB & J scones
Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Zucchini Bread

I will need to purchase eggs, milk, toasted sesame oil, potatoes, BBQ sauce (unless I make some with ketchup and spices), Thai sweet chili sauce, fresh broccoli, frozen mixed vegetables.  I might need to buy more mozzarella cheese too.  I have other foods on hand...crackers, chips, ice cream, ingredients for cookies and bread, cold cereal, popcorn, yogurt, oatmeal etc.

There are a few items on this list that I won't eat because they are either too high in calories or I don't know what the calorie count is and I have plenty of things on hand that I can eat instead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...